Friday, February 15, 2008

Episode #57


1.) Rocket From the Crypt - Ditchdigger
I think I'm going to be sick. The only place I could find this video was on the VH1 classics website. 93' is now "classic"?? RFTC rocked more socks than most and I wonder if they get the credit they deserve from the kids today. I am forever in·debt·ed to Ives.
2.) Spoonie Gee & the Treacherous Three - The New Rap Language
So many words. I don't think I say this many words in a day and they cram them all into eight minutes and twenty seven seconds. A sweet bass line, funky drumming, bongos it's all here. If I had one of these and some cardboard I'd be set.
3.) Delta 5 - Mind Your Own Business
Sweet things from Leeds in the late 70's; Gang of Four, Mekons, Delta 5. An amazing collection of material plucked from the out of print abyss in 2006 by Kill Rock Stars.
4.) Built to Spill - Randy Described Eternity
Since Built to Spill will be playing here on leap day I thought I would throw this one in. It's worth going to this show just to watch Doug Martsch's hands. Last Time I saw them they covered Cortez the Killer by Neil Young and it was worth the price of admission alone. Oh yea....the Meat Puppets are opening the show.
5.) Rocket From The Crypt - Young Livers

6.) Nar - The Longest Mile
NAR!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

you rule, sizzles.