Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Episode #56


1.) Master Jay and Michael Dee - T.S.O.B.
Old School 1980 hip-hop, this jam is like an eight minute ass work out. Seriously if you don't shake your shit to this gem you have severe case of the whites.
2.) Orange Juice - Wan Light
With everyone collectively creaming themselves over Vampire Weekend for some reason I thought I would throw this in the mix. I still can't figure out how bands get so hyped up before having an album.
3.) Nikki & The Corvettes - Just What I Need
They sound like the Runaways without the balls of Joan Jett .
4.) Pixies - Head On (The Jesus and Mary Chain Cover)
The Pixies performing Head On on the Dennis Miller show (On on is that right?). On a side-note Dennis Miller is a complete Douche.

Dennis Miller being a Douche.

5.) Yo La Tengo - From A Motel 6
I have to be honest, this one fell threw the cracks. I had just about every other Yo La Tengo album but this one. I have been robbed for years, who the fuck have I been getting music advise from? Everyone gushes about I Can Hear the Heart Beating as One and while that albums is 10 and perfect and other platitudes you want to heap upon it I think Painful is under-rated.

6.) Nirvana - Sliver

7.) Adicts - Viva La Revolution
All you really need is the singles collection and face make-up.

3 comments:

Jason said...

Heh, you said, "eight minute ass work out."

Thanks for the Pixies video, I hadn't seen that one yet. I'm disappointed though, as there was only one shot of Kim during each song.

When I worked at the record store, there were a couple of coworkers that used to comment all the time on my resemblance to Black Francis.

jb

Salad Days Music said...

Good stuff here. I wanted to let you know we added you to our blogroll.

Danger Granger said...

I linked you up at independentlyexposed.org
Check it out my fellow music man